I do research in applied cryptography more specifically and computer security more generally.
Formal Verification for Real-World Cryptographic Protocols and Implementations — defended December 10, 2018 at INRIA Paris after 3½ years of research with Team PROSECCO.
Symbolic Software is a company focused on modern insight into cryptographic systems. As its director, I manage a small team that offers security audits, cryptographic protocol design and formal verification services.
- new Verifpal: cryptographic protocol verification for students and engineers.
- Noise Explorer: formally verifying and implementing Noise protocols.
- Utilities: DiskGem, Resilience
- Toys: Maze Café, Nadimtris, CNNCTFR
Posts and Articles
- 20 Aug. 2019: Facebook Already Controls Our Information. Don’t Let It Control Our Commerce, Quillette Magazine.
- 11 Apr. 2019: Selfie's Reflections on TLS 1.3: Largely Opaque, Personal Blog.
- 26 Oct. 2018: Repairing a ThinkPad with a Corrupt Thunderbolt Firmware Chip, Personal Blog.
- 23 Nov. 2015: On Encryption and Terrorists, Personal Blog.
- EverParse: Verified Secure Zero-Copy Parsers for Authenticated Message Formats (with A. Delignat-Lavaud, C. Fournet, T. Ramananandro, N. Swamy, T. Chahed), 28th USENIX Security Symposium, 2019.
- Noise Explorer: Fully Automated Modeling and Verification for Arbitrary Noise Protocols (with G. Nicolas, K. Bhargavan), 4th IEEE European Symposium on Security and Privacy, 2019.
- An Analysis of the ProtonMail Cryptographic Architecture , IACR Cryptology ePrint Archive, 2018.
- Ledger Design Language: Towards Formal Reasoning and Implementation for Public Ledgers (with N. Kulatova), Workshop on Security Protocol Implementations: Development and Analysis, 2018.
- Verified Models and Reference Implementations for the TLS 1.3 Standard Candidate (with K. Bhargavan, B. Blanchet), 38th IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, 2017.
- Formal Modeling and Verification for Domain Validation and ACME (with K. Bhargavan, A. Delignat-Lavaud), 21st International Conference on Financial Cryptography and Data Security, 2017.
- Automated Verification for Secure Messaging Protocols and their Implementations: A Symbolic and Computational Approach (with K. Bhargavan, B. Blanchet), 2nd IEEE European Symposium on Security and Privacy, 2017.
- Formal Verification of Smart Contracts (with K. Bhargavan, A. Delignat-Lavaud, C. Fournet, A. Gollamudi, G. Gonthier, A. Rastogi, T. Sibut-Pinote, N. Swamy, S. Zanella-Béguelin), PLAS, 2016.
- FlexTLS: A Tool for Testing TLS Implementations (with B. Beurdouche, A. Delignat-Lavaud, A. Pironti, K. Bhargavan), 9th USENIX Workshop on Offensive Technologies, 2015.
- Noise Explorer: Fully Automated Modeling and Verification for Arbitrary Noise Protocols, IACR Real World Cryptography Symposium, 2019.
- Capsule: A Protocol for Secure Collaborative Document Editing (draft), École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, 2018.
- Formal Verification for Cryptographic Systems in Web Applications, OWASP Gothenburg, 2018.